Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution suggests stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a server managed by a web hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's survey these. Thus, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a website, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by given companies, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would share the tasks at hand between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a vast quantity of pictures with mates or partners since the service is typically free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your email aliases. Some providers provide hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many videos as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to keep a site. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Malta Hosting, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.